Our neighbourhood the «
Quartier Jouvenet » goes
back a long way. It all started just before the French Revolution
of 1789, when the ramparts of Rouen were destroyed and the ditches
were filled in from 1760 on.
first land registery taken in 1827 under Napoléon,
shows that all the roads south of « la rue Jouvenet
» were already traced.
born in Rouen in an artistic family, was a teacher and
then in 1705 became Director of the Royal Acadamy.
The main part of our house «
LE CLOS JOUVENET » appears on a map of Rouen in 1850.
In 1882, the « rue du Val de la Jatte » was named after Rouen Art School director and became "rue Hyacinthe Langlois".